The World According to Linda

Linda MacDonald-Lewis (A.K.A. The Bard at Large) - A true Scot at heart

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Changes for the Better

My son is presently working on this posting site...which will soon have a different look and appeal...
or so I'm being told.
I am one who doesn't like abrupt changes in life, ...more into a slow evolution of things.

I just typed in the World According to Linda in the google search bar and the new site came up in the search.
It looks a bit white and stark but has many options for a better overall navigation (or so it will be in the future).
And it has the same postings as here but doesn't list the contact info and links yet...this will be remedied hopefully today or tomorrow.
If you find this (new) site and wish to come back to this one...if you click the "Home" word it brings you back here...
I'm confused.... are you?

With this new site there will be an authors page and I'll be able to separate the catagories of  Events, Folklore,
Poetry, Shop Hours and the like....that's the theory anyway.

I really don't understand all this...but do comprehend the "idea" of it. Not my forte!
That's where the son comes in...he is the Internet Expert, and has been working hard at this for some time now.
Also in the works is a much requested On-Line shopping site...(still in the works) which will make it easier for those of you that live outside the NW...to be able to get product from my shop, without having to physically travel here...that's the theory anyway.

When he first set-up this site for me years ago...I had the same approach...cautiously I went forward.
At first I had no idea what to blether on about 'on the blog', I felt like I was exposing myself to the world...like a flasher..LOL!
But slowly I came to understand that it was a great avenue to be able to keep the public informed on events and tell stories ...etc. So I expect these new changes will be approach by me in the same fashion.

I hope this is not confusing for you...(like it is for me)..I am assured by the man (my son) that all will be for the best and I'll get the hang of it eventually. Fingers crossed, he will be right.

The sun is shining in Seaside...and all is right with the world.
So onward and upward....

Cheers,
Linda

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home