The World According to Linda

Linda MacDonald-Lewis (A.K.A. The Bard at Large) - A true Scot at heart

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A Customers View of the Shop

I received this from Skott Shaw last weekend and have his permission to share what he wrote with you. Skott and Jodi moved away from the Northwest a few years back so Jodi could further her education. I trust you will enjoy his writing as much as I did.
____________________________________________________________________________________________



When I close my weary eyes and loose the tethers on my mind.
The Traveler flies unobstructed,
unhindered,
and with wild abandon.
It bounces from projects in planning to mundane daily events
but eventually it always returns to a gusty, salty and gorgeous local.
It tiptoes in the salty ocean foam,
sips the sweetness of a White Rocket
and wanders the tourist strew streets.
Coming at last to an unobtrusive little shop.
Many come and go but the aura of this place is intoxicating, irresistible, and hurricane in force.
Inside, all the wisdom and humor of the universe is shared and passed from one soul to another.
It flies around the room bouncing off this trinket and that book filling the newest Grey souls that enter with light and warmth that is impossible to leave or forget.
At the center of that inspiration tempest is a teacher of passion,
a shaman of culture,
a priestess of the spirit,
a clansmen of the wind,
and a person of such power and respect that she outshines the sun.
Time changes in her presence.
One minute you feel the battlefields of old.
Then the next the golden towers of a shining future.
Every soul is captivated and at peace.
And though I must again rein in the traveler
my heart is never far from Seaside and
THE BARD AT LARGE.


Skott Shaw
February 21st 2009

Thanks Skott, for these kind and thoughtful words.

Cheers,
Linda

1 Comments:

  • At Friday, February 27, 2009 11:07:00 AM, Blogger Katie said…

    I knew my sis and I weren't the only ones who felt this way ;)

    Skott - you have my respect for being able to put it all into such beautiful and vivid words.

    Bless you, miss Linda, for being such a beacon of light, joy, and knowledge. It is an honor to know you ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home