The World According to Linda

Linda MacDonald-Lewis (A.K.A. The Bard at Large) - A true Scot at heart

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Stormy Weather

I wish all of You a Very Happy Christmas!

Do to the weather I've not been able to work these past few days or has it been weeks now?

This is the first time in 3 years that I've gone through a Winter Storm and NOT lost power at my house. It was quite a relief to be able to ENJOY the storm instead of just
SURVIVE it.

Things are starting to thaw out here but it is still COLD !!!!!

I'm staying in one more day then.....hopefully....I can go into town....and open the doors some time on Monday. Family is to be coming into to town....but with the Hwy 26 pass being what it is....I just have to wait and see...like the rest of the NW world is in the process of doing.

Yesterday two of my mates Garrett and Gena, ventured out 'in it' and picked me up some vittles that I was running low on.
Gena came in but Garrett stayed out and shoveled my pavement and driveway and even got the snow off my car...all of these areas were well covered again within moments.
But with the partial thaw over night...those few areas that he put effort into are the only ones clear now...Ta for that Garrett and Gena. They got a large portion of "White Russian" drinks in return.

I hope everyone I know are safe and warm and well fed....both body and soul.

All the best,
Linda

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home