The World According to Linda

Linda MacDonald-Lewis (A.K.A. The Bard at Large) - A true Scot at heart

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Update

I will be closed until the weather situation breaks.

yesterday I couldn't get my car doors opened until 11 am to start the car for the first time since Thursday. Finally got the 4 1/2 inches of snow and ice scraped away and warmed the poor thing up. The roads here in Seaside are pretty bad...and I live on a hill. The main road ...Hwy 101(from what I've heard)isn't bad ...but getting to it through the side roads is the problem.

Luckily I have had plenty of food and such in the house...but today is the DAY!
I have to get to the store and buy essentials. Again fortunately I have a friend that just moved in from Bend that has studded tires that I can call upon for help.

No-one really knows !when! this will be over...but as soon as it is I will be back in the shop!

In the meantime, I will try to enjoy this forced vacation, which I really needed anyway. So I will continue to Cuddle the cats, ...watch Christmas flicks....and bake bread....roast turkey...or whatever else I can come up with to keep the house warm and filled with the smells... that make this all feel like a holiday...instead of a
weather disaster.

So mellow out...take it slow...and enjoy this "down time" if you can.

Me ....I have a good supply of whisky and will be using it to warm me from the inside, ...as the sun sets each night and the bitter cold takes reign.

The Winter Lord may have us under siege but we can out wait him, and have a bit of fun with it, if we try.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL !!!!!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home