The World According to Linda

Linda MacDonald-Lewis (A.K.A. The Bard at Large) - A true Scot at heart

Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Autumn -Holidays-And a Shift in Perspective

As the weather shifts so do my thoughts and actions in the daily grind of life.
This time of year I spend reflecting on all that has come across my path during the year.
In the old Celtic Tradition my years tend to go from Autumn to Autumn. One year has just ended and another starts.
Samhainn (Halloween) being the end of the old. Each year starting like a child's life begins...with quiet reflection, limited activity and inner thoughts and growth.
Weather turns grey and there is little guilt involved, staying inside and lazing around. These things are near impossible when the sun is calling out to all species to frolic carefree while they can. 

The wild days of Spring and Summer will be back soon enough. 

I will be CLOSED at the Shop on Thanksgiving Day and the shop will be open for the Thanksgiving Day Weekend shopping as usual at 10am.
I have no plans this year for the holiday other than one....
I have not eaten turkey for 3 years running and have a hunger for it now. So I will be cooking up a bird in my house for the smell of it and the subsequent feast.
I trust you will all have a great feast of your own!

All the Best to you and those that care for you!

Linda
PS. I am sorry I left the Beltane story hanging...I have not had the time, energy or inspiration to go on with it...
that could soon change now, ... with things slowing down a bit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home