The World According to Linda

Linda MacDonald-Lewis (A.K.A. The Bard at Large) - A true Scot at heart

Saturday, January 06, 2007

Books Worth Reading

Thanks to the help of my son, I have recently
added a link in the sidebar of my book recommendations.

Anyone who has interest in learning more about Scotland,
it's Mythology, Folklore, and History, can find a valid
list of books written in Scotland, by Scots about Scotland.

When I was young, I found it very frustrating to find good
books written about Scotland. And when I could find a book
on Scotland...9 times out of 10, these books were coming out
of London Publishing houses. Funny, not funny Ha...Ha...but
funny in an ironic way....
Like I would go to the Jews to learn about the Palestinians.
I don't think so.
Thankfully...
and just recently, in the last 10 - 15 years, Scottish Publishing
Houses are now starting to make available, product from Homeland
Authors, here in the North Americas. It's about time.

The books listed in my recommendations, are easy to read and some will
also work as good guides through the countryside of Scotland and it's historic past.

If your planning a trip, happen to be a fan of William Wallace, (Braveheart),
or of Robert the Bruce, or just are homesick for your native land...these books listed, may be of interest to you.

I have read the majority of the titles listed, and /or know the authors, and their views on the history.

I trust you will enjoy them.

All the best to you all,
in this New Year!

The Bard

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home