The World According to Linda

Linda MacDonald-Lewis (A.K.A. The Bard at Large) - A true Scot at heart

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Back at it....

I returned on last Weds. and have been in the shop.

The Whitehorse Mother's Day High Tea was a success ...but with less attendance than the past events.
There seemed to have been a conflict this year with another event happening elsewhere that saw many of the Scot Society members taking to the road as opposed to staying close to home. (Let's just hope this is not a trend for the future.).

While I was gone a shipment of exclusive (to my shop) Scottish designed sweatshirts arrived at my doorstep.
I took them to the shop on Thurs. and they have been selling ever since.
One design has the word Scotland with the St. Andrew's Cross flag in the center.
The other has two intertwined dragons of differing blue tone with the word Scotland.

I am working on a speaking tour of the Seattle area for Sept.

So far I have 2 confirmed dates:

The Caledonia and St. Andrew's Society of Seattle are sponsoring my event on 17th Sept.
Which is US Constitution Day with a special meeting at:
7pm
Located at:

Lake City Presbyterian Church
3841 NE 123rd St., Seattle, Washington

For those of you the head-up the Clan Assoc. of the NW....we are respectively inviting to set up tables with information for your Clans in the front foyer. (Tables will be provided).
I will be bringing Visit Scotland materials for the Clans and the general public as well as my books available for signing, provided by the Elliot Bay book shop.
Music will be provided by a local Pipe Band

The next day 18th Sept. I will be at :

5pm-with talk and music and dancers.
Location:

Third Place Books
17171 Bothell Way NE
Lake Forest Park, WA
It is my understanding that there is a food court at this establishment.

I will keep you posted on other developments and will be posting more information about events this season...so stay in touch.

Cheers,
Linda

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home