The World According to Linda

Linda MacDonald-Lewis (A.K.A. The Bard at Large) - A true Scot at heart

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Celtic Jewelry and Gifts in Seaside Again

After taking one and a half years off to concentrate on my writing, and because of public outcry, I'm am opening my shop in Seaside, Oregon once again.

"Celtic Story" is the name and I'll be opening up sometime in early March. Located at 407 Broadway, the opposite side of the street where the old shop was...but on the same block.

For a year and a half, where ever I went, people would stop me and ask "What happened to your shop?" "We really miss the shop." "Are you going to open back up again?"
The one that really did me in...was last November while in Edinburgh, Scotland. Three of my customers from the Seattle area, saw me in a friends' shop and asked me the same things, said..."We used to spend hours in your shop, listening to you talk about Scotland...that's why we're here..." I thought..." I'm on a differant Continent here, and I'm hearing about my shop closure in Oregon...well....maybe I should open back up."

So I guess I should say..."Back by popular demand.." but that sounds a bit cheeky.

I must admit I was starting to miss the blether with the customers, as well. So here we go again.

Stop in and see me, next time your in Seaside, Oregon. And I'll tell you a Celtic Story or recite a poem for you.

The Bard

4 Comments:

  • At Monday, July 28, 2008 1:47:00 PM, Blogger Roger said…

    I had no idea you had closed the shop! I saw your shop several years ago, but you were closed that day. I am hoping you still have a "Highlander Parking Only" sign. Highlander is my biker name since I am a drum major in Spokane. I am hoping to stop by next week, about 7 August. I hope to see you then!
    - Roger

     
  • At Wednesday, July 22, 2009 9:34:00 AM, Blogger Rick said…

    I am from Kelso, Washington the home of the Kelso Highlanders. Our community was founded by a Scottish surveyor, Peter Crawford over 125 years ago and are proud of our Scottish heritage. Just recently we brought in a consultant to improve out community and paid rather handsomely for their suggestion to reinvent ourselves as a Scottish community somewhat as Leavenworth has done with the Bavarian theme...It's been scoffed at by some but seems to be a dream to grow into by myself and other. I'd like to know about your store and what advise you could give us in establish something along those lines here in our town...

     
  • At Tuesday, January 26, 2010 5:21:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hey Linda, it was nice seeing you again a couple weeks ago at your shop.

    Cheers
    Ed

     
  • At Sunday, August 19, 2012 8:38:00 PM, Blogger DJ Moxley said…

    I love your shop!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home