The World According to Linda

Linda MacDonald-Lewis (A.K.A. The Bard at Large) - A true Scot at heart

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

For the Leprechaun

And all those that knew him:


Goodbye Leprechaun, off to Summerland with ya!



We met so long ago that I can't remember the details of it. But the gleam in your eye and the shine of your smile will never fade away. I never could understand how one person could contain so much happy-go-lucky energy within one single human shell.
But there you were ...shining a light ... from out your face that could only have originated in the land of faeries.
Always ready for a pint, a laugh, and a 'right good time', you'd drag my weary self,
out of my shop and into the pub, for a session of frivolity ...and rightly so.
I always looked forward to your magical appearances, when you'd step inside the door. And now regret the time I said, "Sorry John, ...I have too much on my plate today...to meet up with you."
One should never lose the opportunity to hang out with a Leprechaun, such as yersel'.
Now I'll have to bide my time to see you again ...
Keep the brew flowing on the flip-side ...while you're dancing with the faeries...to the auld tunes of that magical realm. I'm sure that there was a greeting committee waiting there for you and wondering what kept you so long in the world of humans.
You've left your "pot-o-gold" in the form of memories, for all those that knew you and grew to love your way of floating in and out of their lives.
So long John....
kiss the sky for me on your way.
You will be sorely missed....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home