The World According to Linda

Linda MacDonald-Lewis (A.K.A. The Bard at Large) - A true Scot at heart

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Visit Scotland-at Celtic Story in Seaside

Whilst on my sojourn in Scotland, ... Visit Scotland contacted my publishing house (Luath Press Ltd) and asked me to act as an Ambassador for distribution of information about Scotland. Since I spend my days doing this already, it will be an easy transition to adding the Visit Scotland items to the mix.

My son and I are in the process of opening up the back portion of the shop as an information center. Visit Scotland has sent 3 boxes of info and bags, that are in the shop.
I carried some of it with me to the Highland Games in Winston to pass around there. (NOTE* I came back with none of these items...the public demand and response was grand.) Within this info is (what they used to call "the Vacation Planner") ...now called 'Homecoming' in honour of this year being The Homecoming in Scotland.
Within this booklet there is information about the rail system, ferry system, and a map of Scotland. It also covers each area in Scotland and what unique things they have to offer the traveller. There is also in a separate booklet, .. an Events Calendar of all the Homecoming events taking place in Scotland this year. (Homecoming.. continues through November 30th which is St.Andrews Day.)

I am honoured, to be able, to better connect the people here in America and Western Canada to Scotland's shores. So next time you stop by ask about the Visit Scotland information, you won't be disappointed!

Back in the shop...much do to...to put it to rights after being gone so long. My son did a great job in my absence and I hope that you enjoyed his company. I have heard nothing but good reports from those that took the time to come in and meet him.

I'm glad to be back "at it". And look forward to seeing you all in the days to come...lots to tell about my trip.

Until then, ... I am,
Yours Aye,
Linda

2 Comments:

  • At Monday, August 24, 2009 4:13:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I lost your e-mail when I changed providers. So I hope this works.
    Hello Linda:

    This is Teresa Moreland. I hope you remember me. I bought a bracelet from you a few years back and a few stones came out. You replaced them and had the bracelet in your cash register for a while and I think something happened to it, and then you sent it out to be repaired.

    Anyway you told me that I would receive the bracelet in the mail, and it has been a long time...like a year. I just ran across your card in my purse and remembered. I never received an e-mail, call or package from the man you said was repairing it.


    Does this all sound familiar? I hope you remember. I had a different e-mail until a few months back. It use to be wheza4u@comcast. So in case you have e-mails saved they would be under the old e-mail. Please respond to me at Wheeza4u@live.com. This is my new e-mail.

    Please let me know something.

    Thanks again
    Teresa Moreland

     
  • At Tuesday, August 25, 2009 7:28:00 AM, Blogger World According to Linda said…

    Please refer to the email I sent you ...I chase this down and get back to you shortly. Sorry for and stress this may have caused you.
    I thought the jeweller would have sent it out to you by now.
    I'll get to the bottom of this...not to worry.
    Cheers,
    LInda

     

Post a Comment

<< Home